Quick-Stitch Dog Bed
- 1 yard of 45" print fabric for the Bed
- 5/8 yard of polar fleece for the Pillow
- Matching thread
- 1/2 yard VELCRO® brand sew on fastener
- 18" square pillow or pillowform
- Cut print fabric into two 18" x 45" pieces.
- Cut polar fleece to 19" wide x 50
- To sew the Bed, place the print fabric's short ends, right sides together and stitch to form one long piece.
- Turn under 1" hems on each end, press, then stitch.
- Stitch long seam, right sides together, leaving an opening in the center, about 8" long for stuffing.
- Stitch each end closed, then apply VELCRO® tape, stitching along each edge of fastener to secure.
- Stuff tube with polyfill. Stitch opening closed to complete the Bed.
- To sew the Pillow, turn under 4" on each short end of fleece, making a hem. Zig-zag over the edge to secure.
- Lap fabric piece over pillow form. Pin in place, slip out pillow form.
- Stitch 1/2" seams, taking care to not shift the hemmed edges.
- Slip pillowform inside.
Now, let sleeping dogs lie (in style).
Most Popular Sewing Projects
- Quick-Stitch Dog Bed
- Simple Scarf Halter Top
- Party Dress in an Instant
- Quickie Robe
- Chic Foldover Clutch Purse
- DIY Sewing Accessories: Magnetic Wrist Pincushion