- 1 yard Polar Fleece
- Sewing thread to match fabric
- Tape measure
- Seam gauge
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine with zig-zag stitch
- Laptop to be covered by the skin
Measuring and Cutting
Measure the depth and the width of your laptop computer.
Depth + 2" = Total Depth
Width X 2 = Semi-Total
Semi-Total +9" = Total Width
Cut your fabric the Total Width X Total Depth.
- Fold over 1" on each short end of fabric. Pin each end in place; press lightly with an iron, using polyester setting for Polar Fleece.
- Set sewing machine to a medium width and length zig-zag stitch. Starting at one end of the folded fabric, stitch over the edge, catching the fold's raw edge. Stitch the length of the fold. Repeat for opposite end.
- Flip the piece over, so that the hem edges are facing down to the table. The finished side is now facing up.
- Fold back 6" on one end, using the seam gauge as your guide. Pin both side edges, securing the folded edges. Stitch a 5/8" seam on both sides, catching in both layers of fabric.
- Place piece on table with the folded 6" flap facing up. Bring the opposite end of the piece to the folded edge of the flap, match theses edges, then around all remaining edges. Pin sided seams, securing all layers. Stitch a 5/8" seam on both sides.
- Clip threads, then turn the computer skin right-side out, poking out all of the corners. Slip the protective skin on your laptop, and make several for all your friends and co-workers!
Most Popular Sewing Projects
- Simple Scarf Halter Top
- Quick-Stitch Dog Bed
- Party Dress in an Instant
- Chic Foldover Clutch Purse
- DIYStyle Knitwear & Lingerie Patterns
- Quickie Robe