Relaxing Spa Pillows
- 3/8 yard cotton print fabric
- 3/8 yard coordinating cotton print fabric
- 1 cup dry regular rice (for filling the eye pillow)
- 3/8 cup dried lavender (for filling the eye pillow)
- Microbeads filler (for filling the larger pillow)
- Funnel (for filling both pillows)
- Measuring cups
- Matching sewing thread
- Sewing Kit with THE KIT essentials
- For larger pillow: Cut out the front and back pieces: Two 16" x 11".
- For samller eye pillow: Cut out front and back pieces: Two 9" x 4".
- For each pillow: Pin front and back together, right sides facing.
- Stitch around each pillow, leave opening on side for filling.
- Trim corners. Turn each pillow right side out.
- Use the funnel to fill pillows. Fill smaller eye pillow with 1 cup rice and 1/8 cup of lavender. Pin opening closed.
larger pillow with microbeads. This can be messy, so you might want to
do it outside. Put in as much as you like of the microbeads, and follow
with 1/4 cup of lavender. Pin opening closed.
- Stitch openings on both pillows closed securely.
can chill these pillows in the fridge for a cooling feel on your neck,
shoulders, or forehead. Or, for the rice-filled eye pillow ONLY, place
in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm. Put in for 30 seconds more if
it isn't warm enough. Works wonders for a headache! And makes you feel
like a pampered princess! Especially if you use a natural silk fabric.
personalize as a gift, write the name of the recipient on the pillow
with fabric paint. Stack one pillow on top of the other, wrap a snazzy
little ribbon around both of them...Sweet and chic!
Download this Project (pdf) for your DIYStyle Notebook