DIYStyle Knitwear & Lingerie Patterns
It all started with a visit to McCall's Pattern Company in New York last October. We (Allyce and Melissa) presented ideas for a new pattern line with a fresh young feel, and the team at McCall's really loved it. Our goal was to create a "Design It Yourself" line of patterns that could be customizable by anyone. Allowing the freedom to put different pieces together depending on body type, style, and personal taste, so every person can truly design a unique creation.
- The guide sheets for DIYStyle "Design It Yourself" patterns are a bit unique too. Each pattern includes:
- The concept behind why we designed each specific pattern
- Different body types and what to design for each type
- A body sketch for you to design your own croquis, using the pieces from each pattern
- Trim ideas and fabric suggestions
- Fabric sewing tips, so you learn the best way to work with the fabrics ideal for each pattern
The first pattern in the DIYStyle "Design It Yourself" by McCall's line is M5662, Easy and Stylish Knit Tops. There are several options to the tops. On DIYStyle Episode #14 we show:
Kimono sleeve top, in a short version with a twisted waist. You can make this version short as a top, or longer as a tunic or dress.
Sleeveless top with metal ring hardware on the straps. This is shown in a short version with a gathered waist. Again, you can make this short as shown, or longer.
Hardware is HUGE this season, and this top is perfect for showing that off. On next week's vodcast we'll show you some twists on creating your own hardware trim, so come on back, ya'll.
Kimono sleeve top with a contrast twist waist, made into a dress.
The pattern also has options for a gathered sleeve, and another sleeveless bodice style. Mix up the parts and pieces for your own original design, and share with us what you are making. We'd love to see your pics, so drop us an email!
Most Popular Sewing Projects
- Simple Scarf Halter Top
- Quick-Stitch Dog Bed
- Party Dress in an Instant
- Chic Foldover Clutch Purse
- DIYStyle Knitwear & Lingerie Patterns
- Switch It Up Trim