Instant Halter Party Dress
This halter goes together in a matter of minutes. Choose fabrics that are stretchy, and will not ravel when the edges are cut. There is only a neck and back seam--the edges are left unfinished. This is really sew and go!
- 1 yard of stretch knit fabric (choose one with lycra for stretch and recovery)
- Matching thread
- Palmer/Pletsch Perfect Pattern Paper
- Use pattern paper to transfer the pattern (included in the downloadable pdf file). Each square = 1 inch. Cut out pattern.
- Place pattern on knit fabric, with center front on foldline. Use pattern weights to hold in place, or use pins in the seam allowance areas to prevent holes in fabric.
- Place halter right sides together, matching the neck seam and the center back seam. Pin in seam allowance.
- Set sewing machine for zig-zag stitch, or multi-step zig-zag, or use a serger to stitch the seams in this stretchy fabric. Stitch a 5/8" seam, taking care to match the edges exactly, backstitch to secure.
- Trim the seams close to the stitching and clip the threads.
- Turn halter right-side out and GO!!
Most Popular Sewing Projects
- Simple Scarf Halter Top
- Quick-Stitch Dog Bed
- Party Dress in an Instant
- Chic Foldover Clutch Purse
- DIYStyle Knitwear & Lingerie Patterns
- Quickie Robe