Pull Thru Fleece Scarf
¼ (one fourth) yard of two polar fleece solids or prints
Matching Dual Duty XP thread
Cut each piece of fleece to 40” x 8”
- Place both fleece rectangles right sides together. Stitch around all outer edges, using a ½” seam allowance. Leave a 4” opening along one long side
- Trim corners then turn scarf right side out. Hand stitch opening closed.
- Find center of scarf by folding in half lengthwise. Mark this with a pin near one of the ends of the rectangle.
- From one end of the scarf, measure 7” from edge. Mark this spot along the center. Measure and mark a 3” line from this point to create a slit for the scarf to pull thru. Pin to hold both layers in place at both ends of this mark.
- Using a straight stitch, stitch 1/8” away from the line all around, forming a narrow “box”. Use a sharp pair of scissors to cut open slit. Pull finished scarf end thru opening……….Viola……….a simple fast pull thru scarf!
Most Popular Sewing Projects
- Quick-Stitch Dog Bed
- Simple Scarf Halter Top
- Party Dress in an Instant
- Chic Foldover Clutch Purse
- DIYStyle Knitwear & Lingerie Patterns
- Quickie Robe