- Three strips of fabric cut to the following widths: 17” x 1”, 16” x 1”, 11” x 1”
- Thread in matching or contrasting color
- Sew two rows of basting stitches down the center of each strip.
- Pull the bobbin threads gently to create gathers. As you are gathering, lay the fabric strips on the shirt and adjust them as needed for correct lengths. The gathering does not need to be even, be loose and have fun with it.
- Leave the first strip the longest, and starting at the shoulder seam of the T-shirt, zig-zag stitch to attach it closest to the neck line.
- Zig-zag the second longest strip next to the first gathered strip, starting at the shoulder seam, leaving a little space in between.
- Zig-zag the third gathered strip onto the shirt, starting at the shoulder seam and over the shoulder onto the sleeve.
Download this Project (pdf) for your DIYStyle Notebook